View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 06:28 PM   #74
thebayratt
Still Watching My Ash

First Name: Shawn
Trading: (11)
RA
thebayratt will become famous soon enoughthebayratt will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Let's see those '10 gardens

All of my 30 or so black bean plants produced off real quick. I pulled them all out of the ground and me and the future wifey shucked beans. We got a heaping bowl full.
Have raided the green beens three times. Ate a bunch, froze sum, and gave sum away. Still got more comming.
The Okra isn't doing as well as planned. Alot of plants didn't come up. But got enough to fry up a meal or two with.
The cucumbers are overtaking my garden. They are stretched out to about 10' plus. I have gotten about a half dozen so far. Got a pile of blooms and now they have room to roam now that the black beans are out of thier way. Next year I have a better plan on them to run them away from the garden.
I have gotten 3 or 4 bell peppers. And two handfuls of banana peppers that im going to put into a bacon cheeseburger fatty like "Mr B" did.

This is already a hott summer here in the deep south of MS and the garden is trying to cope with the heat. I am watering it in the late evening to make sure they don't dry out.
thebayratt is offline   Reply With Quote