Old 06-10-2010, 10:04 AM   #735
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation
Default Re: What's in your smoker?

Interesting. I always thought David Oreck had designed/invented his vacuum cleaners, I didn't realize he had actually bought a patented design.

The Cajun Injector - LOL. I must have 4 or 5 of those lying around here somehere... (got them cheap from Safeway one year, they were closing them out at 50-cents for the small packs with the bag of marinade and a dollar for the big packs with the jar and the "rub").

Never liked how the commercially made injections left the meat with a funky texture. Although I did find a good use for their Cajun Butter marinade: that you take a whole ear of corn, peel back the husk, remove the silk, run the entire thing under water to wash the corn and wet the husk, pat the corn dry (but not the husk, leave it wet) brush the corn and the inside of innermost layer of husk down with the Cajun Butter injection marinade, sprinkle some Tony Chacharies on it, pull the husk back into place and toss on a grill, rotating every now and then depending on how hot the grill is (a tiny bit of burn it ok too - adds character). Delish.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote