View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010, 09:40 AM   #666
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation
Default Re: Beginner Questions (Ask Them Here!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris. View Post
I'm +1 for the tupperdor. Some people believe that you cannot use an infused cigar humidor for non infused sticks after the fact. It makes sense to me if you don't want those flavors entering your cigar, but I don't see why, with some air time, the humidor wouldn't be safe for normal cigars down the road.
I think it really depends on how many infused cigars were stored in there, how pungent they were, how long they were in there, and if they were stored loose or in their boxes.

If you pick up an old ACID box, some of them will still have an aroma to them years later, a humidor won't be any different, just varies based on the aforementioned.

Tupperdors and humidor storage are not the same and depending on how you like your cigars, you might not care for the tupperdor. I also would not count on being able to wash the aroma out of the tupperdor after a longer storage, ever pick up a piece of tupperware that was used to store a curry dish or spicy chili or anything with a lot of spices in it for a while and smell it? Five washings and weeks later and the damn thing still stinks.

If you want to store the ACIDs in a humidor rather than a tupperdor you can usually pick up a 20-count "(manufacturer) logo" humidor off of CBID for under $10.

Last edited by T.G; 06-10-2010 at 09:46 AM.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote