T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation
Default Re: What's in your smoker?

Sorry Brad, but I'm laughing here.

Not at your misfortune, but at the time I was mixing a rub up that had about 10 different powdered dried chilies in it and I spilled about a cup or so worth. No problem I think, I'll just grab my Oreck "buster b" canister vac and take care of it (the little high powered vacuum that they do the funnel and bowling ball ove the head trick with)

It didn't have a bag installed. Or the fan filter. I didn't realize this at first either because I had it on a shoulder strap so the air discharge was behind me. I then turned around right into the cloud of chillies, without turning off the vacuum. So want to take a guess where the air discharge from the vacuum on my shoulder was going? Yup, right into the bowl with the rest of the chili powders that I hadn't spilled. Leaf blower time!

It was like someone sprayed a giant can of mace in the kitchen and all attached rooms.

Trying to explain to my neighbor why I was standing in the driveway covered in red powder while running a water stream from a garden hose full blast into my face while coughing my lungs up was, at the time painful, but in retrospect, pretty damn funny.

It was like "The Three Stooges take on FoodTV, minus two of the stooges" or something.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote