View Single Post
Old 11-23-2008, 09:53 PM   #25
bobarian
Cranky Habanophile

Trading: (51)
ERdM
bobarian has disabled reputation
Default Re: Cozy and Bobarian's Blind Tasting Pt 2

Smoked #4 tonight. A really ugly 5 1/4 x 42approx. Corona. Super toothy wrapper, actually had a little taper towards the head. It looked like a stubby fingered roller with palsy applied the cap. This was one rough looking smoke.
Prelight draw wasnt too bad but gave away that it had come in a cardboard box. First third was pretty good, some nice toasty flavors came through, not at all as rough as the construction would lead you to believe. Certainly had the rustic flavor of that island that is not the Dominican Republic. Second third remained quite pleasant, good burn. Rustic, toasty flavor profile maintained. Final third got a bit hot so I put it down until it was almost out and puffed again. after a purge the toasty flavor returned. My guess is that this was a Los Statos Dlx Brevas. Might have been a Quintero, but most of the Quint's I have smoked I did not enjoy. I like the LSD's for a good inexpensive smoke. Have a few of the Delirios in my Vino. They are a nice late nite last smoke.
bobarian is offline   Reply With Quote