MikeyC
member of the CA MINYAN

Trading: (11)
Bolivar
MikeyC will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 2010 NFL Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsremax View Post
Expect him to run their wild cat-type offense. I am shocked he went 1st round.
I was stunned that Tebow went in the 1st round. I'm also surprised that Denver traded for a 2nd first round pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
I think you kind of set it up for success this year, in that the Pats had a knack of making
cast off players work out to fit their scheme, and they could achieve a lot more with less,
at least to a greater degree than most teams in the league. All this "junk" would go to
Foxboro and end up looking like Gold.
This year they looked oddly beaten.
I think that will lead them to use that pick, lol.
I think the reason the Patriots did so well with cast off players in the past was that they were running different schemes than everyone else. Now half the league is running a 3-4 defense and/or has an ex-Patriot as the GM or coach.

Well the Pats did pick in the 1st round this year. They just traded down two times first. UGH!!! No offense to the player they took (I know nothing about him) but I wish they would be a little more agressive in the draft. Now that there's no salary cap there's not really an advantage in using this strategy. I'm just tired of the Pats drafting mediocre players. We need IMPACT players.