MikeyC
member of the CA MINYAN

Trading: (11)
Bolivar
MikeyC will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 2010 NFL Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
Hahaha, well, after 4 decades+ of picking in the top ten, I am afraid MY team is picking
DEAD LAST, YAHOOOOoooo!
So I don't expect we'll make for much news headlines, but you know what? I am still entirely satisfied
with how my Saints did last year. I couldn't be prouder. I am not sure any other team that has won
the championship feels like I do and did after it happened. It's only a football game after all. But that
mountain was HIGH for the first team Tampa Bay ever beat. That said, I'd like to see some good
defensive interior linemen be available, some O line, maybe a late round RB and a good solid linebacker
to replace Scott Fujita.

But I will say that the Patriots come in second in terms of tough roads to a Championship. The Pats were the doormat of the league (like the Saints) for over 40 years. They rarely fielded a team which could be considered competitive. The one reason I give the Saints the edge is because the Pats were in the big game twice before they actually won it. Both times they were unexpected participants in the game and both times they got pretty solidly trounced each time they set Superbowl records (and not in a good way).

One thing that's really different this year about the draft is the high volume of pre-draft trades. Now that there's no salary cap to worry about trades are much easier to arrange. All these trades has really re-shaped the needs of many teams and will certainly affect the order in which players fall and the value of every pick in the draft.

My one wish for my team this year is that they actually USE their 1st round pick. I hate when the Pats trade out of the 1st round. The team could REALLY use some impact players on defense especially.