Chutney Lovebusciut

First Name: Chutney
Trading: (66)
RG
NCRadioMan has disabled reputation
Default Re: Official MMA Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalie204 View Post
next big event isnt ufc, it's k1, then there is bellator, THEN ufc112, then bellator again, then KOTC, then strikeforce, then bellator again, then WEC48

Yeah, I forgot SF but there is hardly any to no K-1 talk here. I tried but nobody seemed to care. And I wouldn't consider Bellator, even though Roger Huerta is on the card, or KOTC "big".

I could have listed the M-1 Global Event tonight and the Pancrase and Shooto events on Sunday but I doubt anyone follows them. There are tons of shows in the next few weeks.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UFC 115 stays in Vancouver afterall

It looks like UFC 115 will stay north of the border after all.

Just days after reports surfaced that the proposal to bring UFC 115 to Vancouver were falling through, a last minute deal appears to be struck.

The Canadian Press reported the finalization of the card in Vancouver, citing UFC president Dana White as the source who confirmed the show is finally a done deal.

The controversy about the show ending up in Vancouver stems mainly from an insurance issue that arose when province of British Columbia would not provide the city with "indemnity," which basically means the city could not be sued for anything that happened during the event.

The UFC is responsible for their own insurance, but Vancouver had to also provide their own policy and that's where the problems came in, but it appears that all issues have been resolved and the host city for the 2010 Winter Olympics will also get a UFC event after all.

Canada has been a huge market for mixed martial arts over the last few years, and the UFC has had success with the two shows they've already run in Montreal, with another show planned for this May.

Vancouver just recently voted to allow MMA to be legalized within city limits, and the UFC has proven to be a viable success for local businesses with the promotion bringing in millions in revenue for the host cities where they put on their events.

UFC 115 is expected to feature several top fights including an on again-off again third fight between Chuck Liddell and Tito Ortiz, but that fight is still under question as speculation swirls around it. The promotion has yet officially announce any fights for the Vancouver show.