MikeyC
member of the CA MINYAN

Trading: (11)
Bolivar
MikeyC will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Beer Wars Movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kydsid View Post
Even then you are on an uphill battle. Given all the regionality of beer and it's distribution you can still be sending money to the big 3, really big 2 now, and not even know it. I mean we all know Blue Moon is a Macro Micro, but even beers like Hoegartten which is a foreign beer will still put money in the Big 2's coffers because Inbev? controls it's US distribution and importation.
Blue Moon is owned by Moelson-Coors is it not? If it is how could it be considered any kind of small scale brewer. Also, I think Hoegartten is a division of Inbev.

There are lots of beer brands out there that were either swallowed up by the bigger companies or developed in order to give the product line a small company image. Linenkugel (I probably spelled that wrong) is owned by Moelson-Coors, but I believe they operate in a fairly independent fashion. Although, I've yet to find a beer they make that I like.

Back on subject . . . I watched this movie the other night on Netflix. It wasn't a bad movie, but I found myself skipping ahead at times as some of the things the movie was bringing to light was not exactly news to me although it might be to some.