Feeling at Home

First Name: Brett
Trading: (19)
Cohiba
romwarrior is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Madeira - No. 1 Drink for Cigars

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol View Post
I feel it's my obligation or duty to intoduce any serious cigar smoker to Madeira wine. Madeira is the absolute best pairing with cigars. The acid and length of finish just make any cigar a joy. Every puff after a sip of Madeira like the first puff. Sipping Madeira can go all day and the flavor carries as good as any single malt. Most would be hard pressed to sip Scotch for hours upon hours, but is easy with Madeira.

Not only that, but Madeira is America's wine. The wine that was toasted at the signing of the Declaration of Independence. The wine Jefferson and Franklin couldn't get enough of... The wine that represents our independence as a nation.

It was only fairly recently (within 50 years) in the USA that Madeira and Sherry fell off as the most popular kinds of wine.

Madeira is one of the few alcoholic drinks where the drinker can actually afford something 100+ years old. How many have something in a bottle/barrell over 100 years old?
Alright I am intrigued. My local Bevmo has the Broadbent 10 yr and Blandy's 10 yr. I think I will have to check it out. Thanks for the info!
romwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote