Thread: RP 1961 Toro
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 11:54 AM   #1
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future
Default RP 1961 Toro

Here is my first ever attempt at a review, so don't flame me too bad.

Rocky Patel 1961 Toro that was gifted to me by Jaime (RPGuy) at Epic II.

Sipped on a Pepsi Throwback while smoking this.

This is an attractive cigar with a few veins that weren't too prominent.
Pre light the cigar had some barnyard smell, very pleasant aroma. The prelight draw is a very nice tobacco flavor and the draw is perfect.
I used my cheap V-Cutter on it and lit it up with my trusty Ronson Jet-Lite. Kinda surprised that I was getting a flavor similar to the JDN Antono, but smoother. Had a fair amount of spice on the snork.

I don't usually pick up all the various flavors that my more experienced BOTLs do but here goes:

Chocolate, cocoa, some leather later on and maybe a little citrusy flavors.

Got a lot of smoke on the draw and after the first inch it seemed to settle down and not getting quite as much spice. The leather seemed to dominate for an inch or two then it was kinda back an forth on the flavors.
The burn was great and got a little crooked two times, but self corrected.

Smoked it down till maybe an inch, then I think I got in a hurry and it might have got too hot.

I really liked this cigar and would definately get some more.

Sitting on the porch about 58 degrees and the wind was blowing pretty good at times which could have affected the burn.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote