View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 11:15 PM   #647
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

First Name: Frank
Trading: (20)
LGC
spectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to all
Default Re: Photography Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgang View Post
I was at the camera store today picking up some film. I saw something on the shelf and i just had to grab it. Too many good reviews and recommendations to pass up.

Shot with my 50mm 1.8

An alternate viewpoint for your consideration. AS ALWAYS, shoot what you like and like what you shoot! (yup, ripped that off from cigars, buts its applicable!)

I ditched my FongDong a few years ago. Relegated it to the occasional wireless 2nd flash usage before it mercifully got lost.

Save the packaging on yours, head to walmart and give this thing a try. I shot entire weddings with it for the last few years.

http://www.abetterbouncecard.com/a-b...-the-original/
That's the website and the ORIGINAL bounce card that I have, use and love. It look's like he's done a lot of renovations in the last 3 years and turned it into a business. He used to just show you how to make them. Feel free to peruse the site, but HERE is the video on how to make it yourself.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNCmuExlHvM
(disclaimer: he rambles, have patience)

His rubber bands work really well (I have one), but you can use a couple of those colored wristbands every charity and cause organization in the world sells for a $1. I haven't tried any of his commercial products, but they look quite good and I swear by his original version.

Rubber bands + scissors + walmart + flat-packing = win

This was almost certainly done with that card - note the complete absence of raccoon eyes, and that was very much a spur of the moment shot with ZERO setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrrr View Post