Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation
Default Re: Has anyone seen this Cohiba? Cohiba 40 Aniversario 1966-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobarian View Post
Interesting cigar, but to my knowledge General Cigar changed over to the current Red Dot band in 1997. General is the owner of the non-Cuban version of the Cohiba made in the Domincan Republic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotreds View Post
It's interesting they don't have an "Hecho en xxx" location on the band. Makes me wonder, too. Most Cuban fakes would have the fact that they are from Cuba somewhere on the band, like real ones. Most non Cubans also have a provenance listed on the band. So, very odd, indeed!
There used to be a third entity using the Cohiba name. A Dominican company by the name of Montikristi (or something very similar IIRC), they had bands that were basically identical to the current Cohiba bands except I think that that they were either blank on the bottom yellow field or said "Republica Dominica" - I can't remember which it's been so long since I've seen one. The wooden boxes had a clearly pressed/burned in Dominican Republic in script on the front. If memory serves, they weren't supposed to be exported off of the island.

I haven't seen or heard of them in years, so I wonder if this is from them.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote