View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009, 08:44 AM   #78
Curly Cut
Not Scary

Trading: (9)
Curly Cut is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Finally thinkin about getting a Quality pipe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarman-S.T- View Post
Sounds good! So just folding can do the job, Interesting
as mark said, it can do the job. some ppl do it that way. i have had difficulty in keeping it lit the few times i've tried it.
unlike cigars, where you clip one end, draw smoke from the other and you're done, pipes can be prepared in different ways. it's up to the smoker to decide through trial and error to see what they like doing the best.

to me, the filling of the pipe is the most important thing you're going to do. it takes some practice, but once you get the hang of it, it's second nature.
the entire ritualistic movements will all become instinctive over time.

you'll hear ppl talk about the frank method, the air pocket method, cubing flakes, fold 'n stuff, 3 tier method, etc. then you see some old phuck that sticks his pipe in a pouch, takes his thumb, and in a matter of 10 seconds, his bowl is filled and he lights it up...

there have been times when i've gone on business trips for 2+ weeks where i can't smoke. i get home and it takes me about a week to get back into the swing of packing a pipe pretty good. right now, i don't do any "method" at all, i just fill it up how i fill it, light and go. i'm not in a contest, so i don't really care how many re-lights i have, as long as the tobacco smokes well, i'm good to go.