Trading: (17)
Cohiba
floydpink has disabled reputation
Default Re: Yankees vs. Phillies W.S. 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueface View Post
Pete,
No such thing as Central Jersey.
If you grew up in Long Branch, where I come from (Ironbound section of Newark - grammar school, High School and even went to college near by at Rutgers in Newark), you grew up "down the shore".
Carlos,

What a stroll down memory lane.
My Dad grew up in Newark and went to Weequahic High School and Rutgers law School in Newark.

Him and my grandfather had a law firm on Academy Street for more than 50 years.

As a kid, my Mom would put me on the train from the shore and my Dad picked me up in Newark for dinner at Don Pepe's before heading over to Yankee Stadium to sit in our seats along the 3rd base line where my jaw dropped as Greg Nettles leaped through the air to catch line drives and Bucky Dent ripped out Red Sox fan's hearts with shots over the left field wall.

I broke my arm jumping my dirtbike and the cast was signed by Thurman Munson at batting practice when I was 9.

Yankees in 6, Pete sobbing like a little girl as the Yankees collect #27, with no other ball club even in their rear view mirror for all of time.

It's gotta suck not liking the Yankees, but if you grow up in my family, you'll never know the feeling.

My 4 year old daughter needs to be reminded its, "Jeter", not "Cheater", but already knows the good guys wear black hats and pinstripes.

Last edited by floydpink; 10-27-2009 at 09:08 PM.
floydpink is offline   Reply With Quote