Have My Own Room

First Name: Pete
Trading: (18)
Montecristo
PeteSB75 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Hail To The Redskins!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by macpappy View Post
I like Jim Zorn. I was in Seattle when he was their starting QB and always enjoyed watching him play. I thought he did a serviceable job as the QB coach for Seattle.

All that being said, I just don't think Zorn was ready to be a head coach in the NFL. I think he would have been a good offensive coordinator - which is what he was originally hired to be - and that he would have gained valuable knowledge and experience as an offensive coordinator. But he was just not ready to be a head coach and this may cost him any opportunity down the line to be a head coach with another team.
Sorry, have to really disagree with you on this one. The blame for this season falls totally at the feet of the front office. The idiotic owner Dan Snyder and his yes-man lackey Vinne Cerrato. Neither apparently have the first clue how to run a successful football organization. It comes down to the basics, O-line and D-line. Not flashy. Not headline grabbing. Not shiny new toys. Fundamentals. If those pieces are not put in place first, the coach has nothing to work with. It doesn't matter if you are Peyton Manning or Drew Brees, if you have a d-lineman in your face within 3 seconds of taking the snap, you're not doing jack with the ball. The running back has nowhere to go, the receiver's routes don't have time to develop. You are well and royally fcuked every single down. Until the front office realized this or is replaced by a new front office, the skins will go no-where. I wonder how long it will take for Snyder to realize how much value he is destroying by failing to build a club that is at least competitive. How long he thinks that most profitable franchise in the league will last if the fans stop showing up and stop buying merchandise because the team sucks and they don't want to be seen wearing it's name.