View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 06:27 PM   #215
Whee
formerly illinoishoosier

First Name: Sean
Trading: (17)
Partagas
Whee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Beginner Questions (Ask Them Here!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calexan View Post
Ok so this might be a total beginner question. I'm just starting to try to enjoy them and not just be completely trashed when i break one out. Ive only tried a Fuente 8-5-8, which i dont know why but i really just got tired of. and a Padron 1964 which i really enjoyed, but i think i could have enjoyed it if i knew what i was doing.

Whats the best way to get the flavor out of the cigar and not just taste tobacco. I hear talk of nuts, pine, spices, cocoa, etc.... So can someone explain the proper way i should be taking the smoke in? Big puff, little puff, let it sit in my mouth till i have to breath, move my tongue around. Ive tried out the nose which is kinda hard because i dont smoke anything else so its all new and i dont want to inhale. Gimmie some pointers guys.

Thank yall
It's something that comes with experience. Some folks will retrohale (exhaling through the nose) which does give you more flavors, but can be murder on the sinuses.

It took me a few months to actually pick up anything other than "pepper" and "tobacco".

Read some reviews, buy different strength, wrapper, filler combos and the flavors will begin to show up. Don't focus on it too much, the idea is to enjoy the cigar, not try to find that hint of 7 year old Madagascar Vanilla.