DBall
Cigar Jesus

First Name: Dan
Trading: (46)
RyJ
DBall has disabled reputation
Default Re: DBall's Newb Blind Taste Test Thread

Flat4boxer Cigar #3

Okay folks sorry for the delay. My head cold is finally cleared up and I was able to enjoy some cigar time for the first time in a week this morning.

Unknown cigar #3 is a light brown, firmly wrapped stick that is roughly 6 1/2 - 7" long. Small veins cover this non-oily wrapper. Overall appearance is A+.

Pre-light

After cutting off the end, the draw seems as if it's going to be a struggle to smoke. Not unlike Brads first cigar.

Light

Draw is very tight and a low volume of smoke. I want to say it tastes of cedar but my newb palet knows no better so that's what I'm sticking with. The smoke is not overpowering, almost mild is the best discription.

First 3rd:

Draw continues to be tight. I get the home made draw tool out and start poking away hoping to free up more smoke. Little is accomplished so I just continue puffing away. It forms a tight gray ash that struggles to hang on. (slight breeze out today) A mouth full of smoke is hard to come by. Shame, because what I do get is very tasty. Burn is very even, no touch ups required.

Second 3rd:

The tight draw continues until finally it was as if I'd burned through the "plug". Smoke comes more freely and I really get the full taste of this stick. The dedar notes mentioned above continue and slightly mix with a woodsy flavor. A touch of leather is introduced here and there. The cigar is very enjoyable at this point.

Third 3rd:

The very smooth cedar flavor continues and the woodsy complexity seem to blend nicely as we near the finnish. This is yet another stick that I nub to the end.

Overall I have to give this cigar a 8.7/10

It would have scored a bit higher had I not run into the initial draw problem.

I would recommend this stick and will look to pick up a few to throw in the humi for later enjoyment.