First Name: Tattejuaje
Trading: (12)
Bolivar
TomHagen will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Ask The Rabbi!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2az View Post
I was totaly Baffeled.

About 4 years ago, I went to my nephew's wedding. It was held at a Reform Shuel in West Bloomfield, Michigan. Just after the Service and Before the Reception they had food that was being served in the waiting area of the Shuel. What they were serving, I was shocked.

They were serving Shrimp, Pork and other unclean items. I knew that most Reform Jews ate that type of food at least out of their homes and do not keep Kosher but why did they serve it in the Temple.
A Jew is a Jew - as I have mentioned numerous times on this thread - as long as his/her mother's mother's mother etc... is Jewish, no matter their actions.

Unfortunately, you witnessed an act that flies in the face of normative Torah-based Judaism. The Torah is what decides what is inherently "Jewish" - not some new (last 100 or so years) denomination, some errant "rabbi", or contrary to popular belief Mel Brooks or deli-stlye cuisine. The Torah is true, Moshe is true - labels are for shirts, not Jews.
Torah says such food you mentioned is forbidden for Jewish people. The scenario exists and is unfortunate.

Thanks so much for your post, if you need any clarification, please let me know.