View Single Post
Old 08-27-2009, 02:22 PM   #12
WyoBob
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Bob
Trading: (1)
WyoBob will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Question about plugged sticks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrak View Post
I have... they're so plugged even after poking multiple holes, it still just clogs up again... even while the draw is "ok" it doesnt pull enough air thru to get the smoke going (if that makes sense)

I sent CI a customer request message, lets see what happens. Cant hurt to try.
I haven't had luck with e-mail and CI/CBid customer service. Talking on the phone, yes. I had terrible draw problems with most of 4 boxes of "Artisans" being plugged. Though it was past the return period, they allowed me to return them. I've bought a lot of cigars from them and I don't think they'd do this on a regular basis.

I used to love Partagas Blacks but in the last year or so, I've found many more plugged cigars. Obsidian's, the same deal. Three out of 10 CAO Brazilla's from CBID were plugged. I have a couple of Pepin's from a sampler that have impossible draws. I still have some R4's in the cooler that I use when I have a nail to pound. All of these cigars came from CI/CBid/Joe's. Hmmm. I see a pattern developing.

Some of the cigars in my "plugged box" have been at 65% for two years. Dry boxing is way overrated IMO and has never worked well for me and I live in a dry area.

I use a piece of S.S. hinge pin with notches cut in it and I've used a long drill bit in a cordless drill. This will make some cigars somewhat smokable but it's not a good experience. The troubles I've been experiencing is why I started a thread on draw tested cigars. I've had it with receiving unsmokable cigars. I've been smoking cigars around 20 years and the past year has been the worst for me in terms of receiving poorly constructed cigars.

So, I think I'll stick with Cigar Monster/FSS for awhile and give up on CI/CBID. I'm also done with P.B.'s, Artisan's and Obsidians. Crap. I hate going on the hunt for new "favorites". I don't like change

BTW, I contacted CAO about the 3 out of 10 Brazillia's I got from C.I. I was more than satisfied with their response. Thrak, you might try writing to Partagas and see what happens.

WyoBob
WyoBob is offline   Reply With Quote