Trading: (3)
Army (Retired)
Tikihut27 has a spectacular aura aboutTikihut27 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Sometimes you call a spade a spade

Quote:
Originally Posted by md4958 View Post
(Tikihut patch aside)
More facts:

1) Dan contacted me in Afghanistan about a GB for a patch back in November 08. I was leaving soon, but hoped to get the patches made by a local vendor in Camp Phoenix before I left. I set up the patch and had a prototype made, then ordered the batch.

2) The vendor was backlogged and couldn't get the patches made before I left country. I was unwilling to stick around in Afghanistan to wait, so I turned the process over to my Tiki Hut replacement, TFphoenix33.

3) TFphoenix33 waited for Dan to send a check so he could pick up the patches. Never came. Dan said he had some personal issues and was having trouble getting the check out.

4) I got involved again in February and April as a liason between Dan and TFphoenix33. No money came from Dan, TFphoenix33 was unwilling to front the money (smart man). As far as I know, the patches are still sitting at the embroiderers. Maybe they will still be there by the next time I get sent back to Afghanistan.

5) I am unaware of any refunds for patches, I know even I sent him money for the GB because the final patches were slightly different than the prototype and I wanted one.

6) I am also unaware that any of the troop supporters received anything from the failed GB. Please correct if so.

7) I feel lousy about the whole thing .