Old 07-16-2009, 01:53 PM   #12
jaycarla
Mossy Hoosier

First Name: Jay
Trading: (7)
Bolivar
jaycarla is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Anyone Own A Kindle?

Peter, my wife has one and she LOVES it. She actually bought the first one, then a newer one came out 5 months later and she got that. The newer one is thinner and has the ability to do audio.

Her only complaint with them is that they are not backlit. She got a little LED clip light though for times that she needs light and it works fine.

Has never had a problem with the wireless. Loves that there is no monthly or hidden fees. Once you buy something it stays available on Amazon so if you lose the Kindle, sell it, upgrade, whatever, all your content is still there.

We were both a little ticked that the newspaper subscriptions were so high, if it was lower I would have bought one too.

I see a lot of people with them on my travels too and talk to some of them. Have yet to run into anyone with one that doesn't love it.

I saw earlier someone mention it, if someone is "old school" and has to have the paperback or does a lot of book swapping, they wouldn't like it as much.