View Single Post
Old 06-04-2009, 09:33 PM   #42
TheRiddick
Non-believer

First Name: Greg
Trading: (7)
TheRiddick will become famous soon enoughTheRiddick will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Does anyone hate Verizon Wireless like I do?

Had same issue with them not shutting off texting when requested. What I found works with them, is that instead of calling you go to the nearest Verizon B&M and discuss this with the manager. Worked for me, they took the charges off, reset the features per my instructions and since then I had no problems with them. Calling them is probably a waste of time as you also found out.

Reception wise, they are simply unbeatable, IMO. Been with them since '92, back then it was GTE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
I have struggled with Verizon for years. My bill is always overcharged, I have to call them every month, and I seem to always end up "stuck" with them, because everyone I know has Verizon.
Back in February I bought a new phone and it died in three days.
I called, spent the customary two hours on the phone with them, and they sent me a new phone.
I sent the old one back the same day, kept the tracking number and shipping receipt, they received it two days later.
Three months later I get billed for $269.99 for the phone.

Now, mind ya, I have a history with these people. For some reason at one time (a couple years ago), I absolutely could not get them to shut data services off on my phones. Kids, ya know? They kept running up the bill. I told them it was shut off because Verizon told me it was. It took 6 months, dozens of calls, and I ended up finally paying the final 200 bucks of charges that were because they didn't do their job when I asked. They just refused to shut off the data services.
Ultimately I got it all shut down, but they hadn't forgiven the final 200 bucks worth of charges.
It was that or my sanity, so I just paid it.

Back to the $269.99 phone thing...
I just talked to Verizon Wireless today. They said they'd forward the matter to the something or other resolution department and they'd get back to me in three to five days.
I asked if something I had said earlier in the conversation had given them the inclination that I was somehow severely retarded, leading me to believe, that in fact, my call would be returned when it never has been in the past.
That pretty much ended that conversation.
Probably cost me $269.99, too.
I hate those lying bastages. I'd like to punch Verizon in the face.
TheRiddick is offline   Reply With Quote