Thread: Ask The Rabbi!!
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 09:01 AM   #251
kydsid
Ditat Deus

First Name: Jason
Trading: (46)
kydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nice
Default Re: Ask The Rabbi!!

My family as long as is known, after immigrating to the US has been Christian. Yet my Great Great Grandfather Jacob Bez and his wife Mimi immigrated here from Germany during the time of the first Jewish persecution by the Kaiser. The one picture of him we have he looks very much like the Rabbi on page 2 of this thread. It has always been thought he was Jewish. I am descended from him through a complete female lineage. As I understand it then that would mean I am considered a Jew, correct?

Is there any Jewish registries or libraries to verify he and his family were indeed Jewish?

And if so should I be looking for a nice Jewish girl to marry? And if not verified will my memory be good enough for a Jewish mother?

And if I did find a nice Jewish girl would I need to practice Judaism too? I was raised Christian and believe and hold my faith as a core of myself so I don't think I could just change my faith for love.

Last edited by kydsid; 05-29-2009 at 09:11 AM.
kydsid is offline   Reply With Quote