Old 05-22-2009, 08:44 AM   #1
JJG
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (4)
Partagas
JJG is on a distinguished road
Default grilling suggestions

well I'm headed out to the folks house for the weekend. Unfortunately, they won't be there I know, I sound like a teenager (I'm 30) but it's not like I'm throwing a kegger. I just want to get out of the city, enjoy the pool, some cigars, and make some good food on the grill.

My girlfriend, who works about 5 minutes from where I'll be, is joining me out there so no gratuitous man-food recipes. As much as I'd like to make a bacon-wrapped blue cheese burger, I need to consider the female palate.

My ideas so far were to

-get some shrimp and vegetables and do skewers. I've tried this before but I don't know what I'm doing and the shrimp always get stuck to the grill.

-do burgers (she loves a good hamburger) but unfortunately I don't have good luck with burgers either. I'd love some good burger recipes if you've got'em

-I could do bratwursts or a nice boudin but I cook these all the time.

The only things I don't want to do are ribs or chicken. Chicken on the grill is always too dry for my tastes, and hers. and even though I like ribs, I'm not willing to put in the commitment for something difficult or time consuming.

so fire away guys! but keep in mind, I suck at cooking and this is a gas grill which I also suck at using.

thanks in advance,

-Jeff G.
JJG is offline   Reply With Quote