Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Steve
Trading: (3)
SteveA is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Official Asylum Fly-fishing Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve View Post
Anyone doing any fishing lately?
Trout fishing is back, here in the Seattle area! Went out 2 weeks ago to one of my favorite lowland lakes, got all set up and realized I'd forgotten my waders. Cursed a blue streak and headed home where I grabbed my waders and hit a very urban lake 5 minutes from my house. Caught 21 recently planted rainbows and went home satisfied.

Yesterday after work I decided to try that old favorite lake again. Loaded up and, vest (check), rod (check), reels (check), fins (check). Jumped in the car, started her up, took one last look around, and SH1T! Almost forgot my boots. Let's see, first the body and then the mind? Anyway, got to the lake, with all my gear, and had a great 3 hours where I picked up 9 healthy trout, 8-10".

Got home feeling all refreshed after a tough week at work and pulled a Juan Lopez Seleccion #1 out of the humidor and poured a healthy snifter of Bulleit Bourbon. Nice finish to a tough week at work. Hope your weekends are starting out as well as mine did. Here's to a long productive fishing season in '09!
SteveA is offline   Reply With Quote