View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 12:00 PM   #48
icantbejon
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jon
Trading: (10)
Cohiba Army (Active)
icantbejon will become famous soon enoughicantbejon will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Allow me to be a grammer nazi for a while

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRebel View Post
I cnduo't bvleiee taht I culod aulaclty uesdtannrd waht I was rdnaieg. Unisg the icndeblire pweor of the hmuan mnid, aocdcrnig to rseecrah at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mttaer in waht oderr the lterets in a wrod are, the olny irpoamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rhgit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whoutit a pboerlm. Tihs is bucseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey ltteer by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Aaznmig, huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tghhuot slelinpg was ipmorantt!

I've always loved reading things like this. It is amazing what the mind can process. I'm a bit a grammar Nazi myself. I drive my wife crazy because I'm forever correcting the spelling and grammar of her emails and text messages. I hate seeing l8tr, u, or any other "text" words. Typing Y-O-U isn't that much more work that just U.