Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Rescue Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabinger16 View Post
It was not my intent to imply Fox was attempting to glorify firefighters with the show. It's simply my opinion that Fox decided to produce a TV series about FDNY Firefighters in the wake 9/11. Even if it was almost 3 years past, it was still very fresh in the hearts and minds of every American. FDNY was in the forefront of the disaster, and in my opinion Fox knew a show such as Rescue Me would have a high probability of succeeding.
I'll state again though, I've only seen a couple episodes. It may be an extremely entertaining show, but I don't care for it due to the reason I feel it was produced.
Of course that is true, Trent, a network would be foolish to produce a show that they didn't think had a high probability of succeeding.

I think, based on Leary's actions before the show was produced (i.e, his Foundation, started in 2000 even before 9/11), his motivation for making the series may have been a bit more heartfelt than simply capitalizing on 9/11.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote