View Single Post
Old 10-22-2008, 10:12 AM   #14
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

First Name: Frank
Trading: (20)
LGC
spectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to all
Default Re: best way to clean mold off a cigar?

Quote:
You need to control the moisture - and that means a bit more than relative humidity - the one factor in the equation that many folks do not give enough consideration is the "dew point". We talk about air born moisture and temperature (relatively humidity) - but at what temperature will that Rh condense. If the surface temp of a cigar drops to the dew point - moisture will condense on the cigar - which is of course - 100% surface humidity and will support amplified mold growth.
BINGO! Temp varried quite a bit while I was gone. When I left it was probably 70 degrees, and while I was gone the temp dropped quite a bit, now its around 50 degrees. That drop in temp probably brought about a significant increase in the level of moisture at the surface of the cigar (even above the stated %71 rh), and voila! instant mold.

Thanks again guys
spectrrr is offline   Reply With Quote