Volt
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (19)
ERdM Navy (Retired)
Volt has disabled reputation
Default Re: Mikes Cigars loses Oliva.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volusianator View Post
I'm just amazed how many people here are anti-B&M.
Wade, I think I read in one of your posts that you may work at a B&M, and I know FFF spends time at one. I can't say I hate them, just have no use for one in my world as they stand in my area. As a business/business model they don't offer me any service other than a quick cigar pick up that I can use. While I have had some issues with treatment, it was not the norm.

On the other hand, it is the business's responsibility to know and provide what the customer base wants, other wise why be in business? One example, most people want fast, cheap, clean shopping, Walmart provides that to the masses that have those needs. Most likely if there was a B&M that provided what I thought would make a good one, I would frequent it.

I am a bit amazed as you have indicated that so many others are not as happy as well for what ever reason with B&Ms. Sort of thought I was in the minority at first. A lot of people here definitely don't seem to be happy with what's available to them in their areas. Threads like this are good IMO. People who work in the industry can see what trend, feelings, etc may be out there and react to it.

My perfect B&M :

1. Allow bourbon, either club style with my name on the bottle or sell it. ABC rules being what they are, maybe not a possibility, but a few here have mentioned drinks in their B&Ms.
2. A price I can afford to buy your stock. I'll pay more for perceived value.
3. Good chow at the B&M or walking distance near by.
4. No wet cigars.
5. Be knowledgeable about your stock/hobby for I am not.
6. Be like Hooters - Be happy I came to your establishment, dump the elitist or snoby rich hobby attitudes.
7. We have good manners here and can teach others. Allow outside smokes, we're still gonna buy from you. Support Herfing. I give someone a Oliva G, they like it, walk over to the counter and buy 3 more. Win - Win.

Maybe a dream list, but for me this would be a B&M to visit.