View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 10:24 AM   #26
Drat

Default Re: Martial Arts - What Do/Did You Study

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcz View Post
Smart people realize they all compliment each other... save for TKD... that style just sucks

Also, no contest, bruce lee....
Hahaha, I've got a great TKD story.

I was a bluebelt and we got in a 4th degree who had a falling out with his TKD "master"* He was unsure about starting another style since he's spent 5 years in TKD (yes, that's right, 5 years to a 4th degree!). The weekend sparring class came around and my instructor didn't know who to pair him up against for his first time fighting (it was point-sparring that day). I got picked and wasn't sure was going to happen, the guy was a 4th degree TKD balckbelt afterall! The guy had some of the most beautiful flying, spinning kicks I'd ever seen. I stepped to the side as he was doing them at me and punched him in the head. he looked at me with the most confused look ever, sort of like a "where the hell did you go?" looks. This happened 2 more times and I was declared the victor. I have to give the guy credit though, he didn't give up. He lasted about 6 months before he decided he wanted to go back to TKD. He just couldn't figure out how to not fight in a straight line...

*we had a joke about TKD instructors back in the day: The day the get their 1st degree, they get a plane ticket to america. The get on the plane and they are a 2nd degree. The plane reaches altitude and the are a 3rd degree. Touchdown in America = 4th degree, and when they get off the plane, they are 5th degree masters...