View Single Post
Old 10-20-2008, 02:53 PM   #2
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

First Name: Pete
Location: my attorney has advised against giving this information to insane people
Trading: (22)
LGC
replicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to all
Default Re: The Official 007 Quantum of Solace thread!

The less vices and classic characteristics point to a dwindling respect for the franchise, (not to mention a loss for the character the way Fleming wrote him) for me, rather than a "re-tooling for the current times" or whatever hogwash they are trying to shove down our throats currently. Yes, he is still a misanthropic (for the time being) misfit, but as they lose the hallmarks of the franchise, the new films very well may become nothing more than car chase/shoot'emup/hot chick (no, not a DAMN thing wrong with any of those) action fodder barely above the level of a Vin Diesel film.

I hold hope for the future of the franchise, yet I am not holding my breath.
I will quite happy to spend the dough to see QoS in the theater, but I have reservations about that money being spent and lending credence to the producers stripping down a character that does not need reinvention. By reinvention, BTW, I mean a more classically played Bond, Connery, or even Craig, but without becoming another victim of Political Correctness.
replicant_argent is offline   Reply With Quote