Old 01-01-2024, 06:42 PM   #3734
Weelok
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Dave
Trading: (21)
RA
Weelok has a spectacular aura aboutWeelok has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: The Bourbon Thread!!

Wow!!!! That is a lot of hard to find bourbon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagleone View Post
So today, the FOMO overtook me and I went to the local Spec's for the mega NYE drop. It was impressive. I got there around 7:30 am and was about 405 in line. At 9am, they required everyone to remove their chair and stand until you got in. Peter sent this pick and pretty much X marks where I started.

I was finally able to enter the store at 1pm. The guys I met ordered lunch through Uber eats and got me a sandwich. They were quite fun to talk to. As we entered, you grab a cart and follow the maze until you get to the tables that had everything. Almost everything was a store pick. The Hancock wasn't, but the distributor sent the Hancock intended for today to another distribution center. Oops.

I ended up getting 9 bottles at this time. Paid and left. The EHT and Willet Purple was gone by the time I got in, but my group of guys got the last 5 bottles of Stagg, which i really wanted. I also got the last bottle of Hancock. I ended up getting 9 bottles at this time. Paid and left, came home, showered and napped. Around 630pm, I decided to go back and pick some scraps. The Blantons was all gone, as was the ER, but the OFSBBS was still there and the BT. That was when the district manager yell out to everyone, "TAKE IT ALL! NO LIMITS!" I grabbed more OFSBBS and BT but some others. One guy took 5 cases of BT. Another grabbed a case of OFSBBS.

Here is my final haul, including the Blantons Gold.

It was a good day and my debit card (5% discount for cash and debit transactions) is melted.