View Single Post
Old 08-24-2023, 10:57 AM   #3451
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

First Name: Ben
Trading: (50)
RA
stearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to all
Default Re: The Bourbon Thread!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagleone View Post
From experience, TW employees tend to be liars. There is an hate/hate relationship with many of them in DFW and several of the bourbon groups I am in. They will say "that all of it", then sit on the good stuff in the back, either to put out later or save for their buddies. I don't mind if they put it out later, that at least gives people a fair chance at allocated stuff. Sometimes they would sneer at the people that line up at opening to be the first to get allocated bourbons. Once before, John and i saw it first hand when the manager tried to hide the ER at 8pm on a Saturday night. I suspected he was wanting to buy it for himself (why else wait so late to put it out?), but we grabbed three and told the other behind us how good ER was and they grabbed the rest.
I could go on and on about TW, I stopped shopping there almost entirely. There was a law in CO saying a store can't hold lotteries for their first three years in business or something like that so we never had an allocated lottery for GR members, supposedly all the good bottles were stacking up in a warehouse somewhere for a big event whenever they hit the three year mark but that was many years ago and still no allocated bottles going out in any sort of public way.

Then there was the time I went there to grab a certain bottle, it was sold out, I ended up paying $50 more a couple days later to a local guy who told me his roommate was a TW manager and would get in trouble if he was caught selling them so the guy sells stuff in his behalf. That was the end of my relationship with TW, naturally a year later I find myself on a barrel pick with the top spirits manager for all CO TW locations and tried my hardest to bite my tongue but I think a few comments still made their way out