View Single Post
Old 08-23-2023, 01:50 PM   #3441
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: The Bourbon Thread!!

Ok, I spent way too much money I don’t really have this afternoon. This might be a long one.

Hanging with my best friend Dave last night. He likes bourbon, but not an aficionado. He’d rather drink it mixed than neat. Not judging, to each his own. Last night we went for tacos. After, I suggested we hit up a local bar that was supposed to have a bourbon I wanted to try (RD One Amburana finished). Nope, but the had almost all the BT line, plus Bookers. Had a pour of Bookers 22-02. It was ok, but there was something on the mid palate that I wasn’t a fan of. Then followed up with the Stagg Jr (delicious). Back at his house I tried a distillers select from a local distillery that was surprisingly good. I think it’s MGP they finish.

Fast forward to this morning. He’s got the day off and we go grab breakfast. I had gotten a text from another friend that a store in Ann Arbor has Bookers 22-01 and 23-01. Call them, they’re gone. Damn. Well, we had to go that way since we’re headed to his cottage to pick up his boat cover to take in for repair. But first we stop by another local store to see if they have Blantons. He’s been looking for one. Sure enough they do. Nice! Then we head towards his cottage but first we stop at Total Wine to see what they have. Heard the truck with BT stuff is there, but still needs to be unloaded. Another hour or so. We head to his cottage, grab the cover and drop it off. We’ll hit up TW on the way back and if we get lucky then cool.

We get to the store and cases of BT is set out, but nothing else. Ask a worker if that’s all they got. He’s like, “yea, that’s it”. Well shite. Buddy goes to look at the cigars while I go use the pisser. I come out to to see him looking around. We both had the same idea to find the guy we talked to a couple hours earlier. We see him pushing a cart towards the checkout, followed by a few people. On the cart I see more BT, plus ER, a few EHT SB, Saz Rye and Old Fitz Bib and Weller. Hot damn!

We’re 5/6 in line. Missed out on the Weller, but I scored the OF, EHT, ER and a baby Blantons. He got the last OF, ER and baby Blantons. The guy behind us really wanted the OF. Even gave me his phone number as he heard me say I might buy to trade. As we’re talking to him about trades, mention I’m looking for RD One Amburana finished. He texts another store a few miles away that has it in stock. Off to that store we go.

Cracked open the RD One. Wow! It is like Cinnamon Toast Crunch in liquid form.