View Single Post
Old 07-20-2021, 01:25 PM   #2784
jledou
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jay
Trading: (27)
Punch
jledou has a spectacular aura aboutjledou has a spectacular aura aboutjledou has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: The Bourbon Thread!!

A week of vacation with my brother-in-law, we were able to put down a little over 3 bottles of bourbon total - opened 4.

Best bottle of the week was the Wilderness Trail barrel strength store pick - good solid bourbon - caramel, oak, slight sweetness, did not drink like 116? proof. I have another one of these thankfully in the basement.

Other bottle killed - Barrel - David's Dram edition - a Kentucky Whiskey finished in German Ice Wine barrels. - Very light in color and mellow in flavor. It was good but not a go find another bottle good. Also did not drink like it was 115 proof.

The other two we tried, Chattanooga Whiskey - very good bourbon but very light after the other two bottles. Made for a good afternoon sipper on the beach. Lastly, Woodenville - most unique of they four. It had a strong oak and balsa wood flavor to it. Not bad and not harsh just very different from the other 3. Ended up with 1/2 a bottle of each of these two so I will revisit them again without the barrel strengths to compare them to.
jledou is offline   Reply With Quote