View Single Post
Old 06-22-2020, 08:39 AM   #3559
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

First Name: Ben
Trading: (50)
RA
stearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to all
Default Re: What beers are you enjoying II?

Brewery 14: Goose Island

2017 Bourbon County Brand Stout - Coffee Variant. This was a 6am on Black Friday outside the liquor store with a hot coffee and a CORO type of purchase. I realized that I never actually cracked one of the two coffee variants I picked up that year (back when these sold out in minutes not months), so this was a good opportunity to change that. What a treat, I can't compare to this same release fresh but I can imagine based on the subtlety of the coffee and the way it whisps in with the remnants of the bourbon barrels that time has been good to this one. One of the better beers I've had so far this year

It's going to be hard to drink the other bottle even though I have a feeling it's not going to get too much better, I've had 5 year old BCBS Coffee before and while good the coffee was mostly gone. It can't be directly compared because that was a different year, a different batch of coffee and a whole different recipe I presume but at some point it will be mostly gone