View Single Post
Old 03-03-2017, 10:08 AM   #15
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future
Default Re: Question for network gurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weelok View Post
I think the problem may just be your IP address changed after the VPN was enabled. Check the IP address of the router and verify if it has changed or not. If it has, then see if you can view your cameras from outside your network by using the new IP address and not the domain name.

Here is some interesting data on your router for VPNs but not completely relevant except for the IP changing. Sounds like a powerful router.

https://www.asus.com/support/faq/114892
Yes the IP surely changes from the dynamic one from the phone company to the VPNs IP address in whatever country or server I pick to connect to. You can't connect to the VPN IP cause I believe most VPNs use shared IPs and it doesn't know where to direct the traffic to when I try to connect using it. I tried it just for fun and it didn't work. I saw some info that PureVPN gives a static IP, but I am not sure that it would even work with that, but that's a question for someone with more knowledge than I have.

The IP the router shows is the phone companies dynamic IP in the WAN. But all devices that connect to the router shows the VPNs IP, which I currently use the nearest one to me and it's in Atlanta, GA.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote