View Single Post
Old 03-01-2017, 01:44 PM   #1
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future
Default Question for network gurus

I recently upgraded my wireless router. I have DSL from my phone company. The modem from the phone company is in bridge mode.

I have enabled the VPN Client on the router because I do some streaming through Kodi and don't care for the phone company to know it.

I have until I got this router had dyndns set up on my router for viewing my security cameras and it always worked, since I had no VPN set up on the old router.

I think the answer is no, but can I set up dyndns on the router and have a VPN client running and still see the cameras from outside the network?

I tried to set both up but when I activate the VPN client it won't connect, it gives a ip conflict/routing error.

I am guessing there is no way to get the dyndns to see the ip of the VPN and it can't see the router since it's IP is going through another city.
G G is online now   Reply With Quote