View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 05:57 AM   #392
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

First Name: Steve
Trading: (6)
HdM
Steve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud of
Default Re: Second Firearm Thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by G G View Post
Well the ammo deal fell through. Even though they put the order through and charged my card, I got a call when the ammo arrived in the store and the dude says that there is a proble m. He says the price I paid should have been the price on 600 rounds and not 1800 rounds. The problem I have with that is the fact that I added a note to the online order when I placed it telling them that if it was a mistake on the price then cancel the order. I followed that up with a phone call to the store and told them what I bought and was pretty sure the price was wrong, and they assured me that if the price was wrong on the website I would be contacted before it was charged, welllllllll it didn't.

So the guy tells me I can either accept the 600 rounds for the $264 I paid or he can refund me my money. It was a take it or leave it offer, so I left it. I told him he could kindly refund my money and even though he gave me a good price on the gun to go with the ammo, I would not be purchasing the gun either. If he had offered to throw in 150 or 300 extra rounds to go with the 600 rounds I would have taken it and been happy, because it wasn't my mistake, but the attitude he had caused me to say nopers, I will never worry about doing any business there in the future.

The good news is I saw a post in a forum thread about a place called Whittakers Guns in Kentucky that has the M&P 15 Sport II for $499.00. So I just placed the order for the M&P and 8 Gen 3 Magpul 30 round pmags to go with it for $615 and that includes insurance on the shipment. The guy with the ammo fiasco wanted $609 for just the gun.
Sorry that it fell through, but it's probably for the best. Like I said, that dealer has been a bit "strange" since it passed through several owners a few years ago. I stopped by there last year and tried to talk to the guy and got a really weird feeling that I just couldn't shake.