Inmate #19

First Name: Alistair
Trading: (0)
Cohiba Army (Served With Honor)
Yamasa is on a distinguished road
Default Re: canadiancigar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remo View Post
No idea as CC's are illegal in the US those Canadian folks are sure lucky tho!
You know guys, like everything in life taste is a matter of preference. Also, that which we can not legally have, is very desirable - think prohibition.

Honestly, there are few cubans I have smoked that are not matched by some of the dominican, honduran and ecuadorian smokes out there.
I will smoke a cuban now and then however, personally, I think their quality has deteriorated in the past 5 years to the point of even the the very top Behike line is inconsistent in construction and leaf. Not good for a product line. My opinion is this relates to the lack of highly trained rollers that were at one time the very best. That experience has either left the island, of retired without re-stocking the ranks through training programs.

I also believe that if the market to the US were blown open tomorrow there would be a massive rush to buy everything cuban, and then sometime later people would be smoking non cubans again.

I'm just saying fully enjoy what you are smoking now without thinking there is a holy grail, IMO we already have it.

Thanks
Yamasa is offline   Reply With Quote