View Single Post
Old 12-11-2016, 11:53 AM   #363
Brian D.
Have My Own Room

First Name: Brian
Trading: (1)
Brian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Second Firearm Thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by G G View Post
The session starts early in 2017 and if it passes the first session then it would go into effect July 1st I believe. The bills have already been filed. I believe they had the votes to pass it last year in the senate. It passed the house, but was held up in committee by a republican chair believe it or not. That senator lost his re-election to a democrat (probably thanks to a lot of conservatives voting for him to get rid of the republican) and a different republican that is very pro gun now chairs that committee.
Thanks for explaining. In Ohio, bills from the previous two year session die if not passed, and the process must start all over. Most annoying to lose out that way. To make it worse, the first week or two of each new session is all about resolutions that do things like rename roads and bridges for recently dead politicians.