RyJ
DBall has disabled reputation
Default Re: DBall's Newb (and not-so-newb) Blind Taste Test #6

AdamJoshua Cigar #2

Start time: 1: 45
Finish: 2:50

Size: 14cm 44rg

Drinking water and coffee

Wrapper appears to be a bit thin and with a rustic quality, defiantly not a Cohiba quality to it, that perfect look and construction, this seems to have a much more "hey it's a cigar" quality to it that brings to mind RyJs or JLPs with a few years on them.

Straight cut and there is a nice easy draw, the cigar is well filled but no tightness to the draw.

As you can see the beetle holes were expertly repaired, just funnin, you can tell here that there are more than a few years on this stick and that it has a thinnish wrapper.

Temp 78.
Humidity 35

First impressions. Very strong out the gate. Lots of pepper on the snork. Interesting the spice has mellowed within the first half dozen draws.

Really worried about the cigar vs this low humidity, keeping fingers crossed.

I'm confused 6 pulls in and the cigar has totally changed for me.

So far a lot of oak and earth, still some spice but nothing to make your eyes bleed on the retro hale.

Man I have a real love hate thing going for blind reviews.

The first third gives me a bit of nuttiness … phrasing … going with those strong earth notes.

This is a great example in the difference between nc and cc, while this is medium to strong, the strength comes from earth and wood rather than pepper and dirt.

2nd third. Still holding true to itself. I'd call this "every Cuban cigar". There is a familiarity with the predominant flavors, hopefully that will make some sense to someone other than me.

Ash breaks off fairly easy making me think this is a short filler stick, actually I have no real clue if that makes a difference.

Pretty one dimensional, but it's not a bad dimension, I'd call it a good honest smoke with a lot of wood and earth.

At this point I gave it a tiny touch up with the torch, not because it really needed it, more because I was being anal.

Final third lots of spice picking up

The only thing I get from snorking at this point is watery eyes and a runny nose.

Staying true to itself the finish was very earthy with a lot of wood, one thing I noticed is I never got any kind of sweetness or even fruitiness from this cigar.

Overall enjoyable, would hold it’s own with a cup of strong coffee and would be a good everyday kind of smoke in the rotation.

6.5 out of 10 smileys