Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation
Default Re: Liga Privadas selling for almost $20

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrouchoM View Post
Ok. I guess I'm past my initial sticker shock regarding Ligas. So, since I opened this Pandora's box. What's the deal with Opus cigars? Everybody talks about them like they're all that, but while I hear about a brother or two that smoking them, they, also seem like a specialty once every blue moon celebratory cigar.

What other ultra premium cigars am I missing that retail for say $16+ can you guys name that are in people regular rotation?

I'm just trying to address my ignorance on ultra premium cigars and to not act so brand new when I eventually see what they sell for.

"It's a Texas thing" I see what you did there, bright boy. Well played, well played.
(funny though, Texas thing prices aren't that bad in the big picture)

The Fuente Opus X is a world class cigar, without question. Do I smoke them? No. Not my profile. But I can respect them.

The Opus X cigar is very limited in manufacture and distribution (they are only released 2-3 times a year), if you can find them at MSRP, they are very reasonable. The secondary and tertiary market drives the prices though the roof. I would think that this has something to do with the hoarding for "special occasions" mentality.

Padron Anniversary cigars are also incredible cigars. Unfortunately, their MSRP is often much higher than Fuente. It's an MSRP I'd pay when I'm looking for that profile, but that's me.

Liga Privada, Tatuaje and My Father upper end cigars, again, great cigars, some I like, some I don't. My not liking a cigar does not diminish it's greatness though.

Another great one is Davidoff. Some of the best cigars I've smoked have been Davidoffs, both CC and NC. But, they are mild.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote