Old 02-14-2016, 08:42 PM   #1
borndead1
Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla

First Name: Mark
Trading: (7)
Partagas
borndead1 has a spectacular aura aboutborndead1 has a spectacular aura about
Default La Palina maduro toro

I've heard good things about this line, so I grabbed a couple of singles to check them out. First thing I notice about this cigar is that it is abnormally dark. This leads me to believe that the wrappers are either steamed or treated with some kind of "bethune" or tobacco juice concentrate. The cigar appears to be well constructed and is heavy in the hand. I snip the cap and the draw is perfect.

First few draws...sweet on the draw, a bit of spice in the nostrils. A bit of cocoa on the finish.

About 1" in...slight stains on my fingers already. I think they went beyond steaming on these wrappers and used some kind of concoction. Probably concentrated tobacco juice, because I don't notice any chemical aftertaste. Burn is good, ash is strong, flavors have opened up a bit to include a bit of coconut.

About 2" in...this cigar is very sweet. The draw is sweet, I can taste sweetness on the snork, and on the finish. Cocoa and coconut on the finish as well.

About halfway...flavors are becoming a bit harsh. Chemical aftertaste. And my thumb, index and middle fingertips are brown. I'm declaring this cigar nasty and tossing it.

Final thoughts...with an obviously enhanced wrapper and the flavor turning nasty by the halfway point, the La Palina maduro is a dud. This is easily the worst cigar I've had so far this year.