View Single Post
Old 01-08-2016, 03:33 AM   #2591
JonnyThunder
Just in from the Storm

Trading: (0)
JonnyThunder is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Beginner Questions (Ask Them Here!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
Anyone's guess really. Generally speaking in my experience, the Gurkha wax sealed tubed cigars are packed moist with the cognac infusion. This might be intentional so that the pre-light aroma hits you hard, but I don't know for certain. "Normal" cigars, in "Typical" tubes can be high or low, or spot on - kind of depends on the day and the cigar batch. In my experience, if you put them in your humidor for a few years with the cap sealed, you are often rewarded with a very delicately aged smoke.

I'm not sure what size your humidor is, but you can put the dimensions in at the vendor website: www.hcmbeads.com it will give you the weight you need. I would recommend oversizing by 50% or so to give yourself extra capacity, better buffering and margin for error. The owner of the company is a member here, he goes by "CigarNut" he can answer any of your questions via PM. Don't tell him I sent you though, I think he might still be upset at me about the time I accidentally ran over and smooshed his pet llama with my taxidermy penguin skateboard.
1 ounce is just about right, thanks. As per the instructions that came with my humidor I've currently got a shot glass of water sitting in it along side the filled humidifier. I was worried I might break the box popping out the hygrometer, and at the time I wasn't sure if it was designed to come out, so I didn't test it. I have a digital one arriving monday. Would it be a bad idea to put my cigars in the humidor now with the shot glasses of water still inside? It's had about 5 days to humidify. The hygrometer has stopped rising at 67 percent. I'm not sure if it's accurate, but it's level. And no worries, I won't say a word.
JonnyThunder is offline   Reply With Quote