View Single Post
Old 01-06-2016, 09:57 PM   #2590
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation
Default Re: Beginner Questions (Ask Them Here!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyThunder View Post
What I mean is, are they generally at a good humidity level? I started rambling a bit.

Those beads sound great. I'll check them out, thanks. What size would you recommend for the humidor I posted above?
Anyone's guess really. Generally speaking in my experience, the Gurkha wax sealed tubed cigars are packed moist with the cognac infusion. This might be intentional so that the pre-light aroma hits you hard, but I don't know for certain. "Normal" cigars, in "Typical" tubes can be high or low, or spot on - kind of depends on the day and the cigar batch. In my experience, if you put them in your humidor for a few years with the cap sealed, you are often rewarded with a very delicately aged smoke.

I'm not sure what size your humidor is, but you can put the dimensions in at the vendor website: www.hcmbeads.com it will give you the weight you need. I would recommend oversizing by 50% or so to give yourself extra capacity, better buffering and margin for error. The owner of the company is a member here, he goes by "CigarNut" he can answer any of your questions via PM. Don't tell him I sent you though, I think he might still be upset at me about the time I accidentally ran over and smooshed his pet llama with my taxidermy penguin skateboard.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote