Fell ROTT

First Name: Scott II
Trading: (3)
JL
omowasu has disabled reputation
Default Re: Coffee at Whole Foods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Moo View Post
Research/price/type would be interesting, for sure.

Yes. Hard to beat the smell of freshly roasted coffee in the car - except with freshly roasted and just-ground coffee in the car. Love that smell.
Was at Whole Paycheck getting some of their frozen foods (my main reason for stopping there occasionally), and took a gander at the coffee section. They had a great selection of organics in various roasts, mostly South American / Colombian / Sumatran. Their selection of bulk beans was nice, too - and smelled great to boot! Only trouble was - as with most everything else there - they are expensive. 8oz-1lb bagged, roasted whole beans ranged from 9.99 - 13.99 (and up).

I am getting 2.5lb bags of Costco Kirkland house blend, 100% Arabica, for $9.95 - and loving it. Its a great coffee for the price - only issue being it is roasted by Starbucks, but at less than 1/2 of the price of comparable Starbucks whole bean, I aint complainin.

I dont mind paying more for quality, but I think Ill let some other lovers of the bean sample these and report back. If they are that good, Ill commit!