Thread: DSL help
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2015, 11:37 AM   #25
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future
Default Re: DSL help

Little update. I called Dell before making the 45 mile trip to Bestbuy hopin they would make it good. I really liked this laptop except the wifi problem. Called and was on hold for 25 minutes. Finally the tech support person comes on and I tell her what the problem is with it being two brand new laptops and they both have the same wifi problem, coupled with the fact that even on Dells customer forums there are tons of people having this same problem. She says we can troubleshoot, and it's at that point that I told her I wasn't going to sit on the phone with them either telling me to do this and change that or either them taking over my computer to do so and still at the end it won't work. The lady tells me that they are not aware of there being a problem or they wouldn't still be selling this laptop. My offer to her was simply this: You can either send me a different wifi card and authorize me to install it without voiding my warranty, or you can send a tech to me to put one in it. She says at that point that they have a workaround for this, then I say you know what never mind, because you already told me that you don't have any awareness of a problem but you have a workaround? I told her if she couldn't do one of the things listed above then I was going to bestbuy and get my money back and never buy another Dell product, she says that is your choice so adios Dell. I just can't believe they would do that over a $30 wifi card. Maybe there are some that would say I was unreasonable but I expect something to work out of the box.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote