View Single Post
Old 01-30-2009, 11:28 AM   #24
SeanGAR
Crotchety Geezer

Trading: (3)
SeanGAR has disabled reputation
Default Re: Vinotemp... a lesson bad customer service.

Response to my email below:

Sean

Thank you for your email. We will contact Cigarasylum.com regarding this post. (oopsie)

We request serial numbers as a means of quality assurance and this verifies true Vinotemp product. We have been in the business of manufacturing wine cellars for 25 years.

His unit was not a Vinotemp. He purchased a counterfeit Vinotemp and did not purchase from an authorized dealer and wants us to make good on a counterfeit item.

Vinotemp always stands behind there product and has always put the customers experience 1st and foremost.

We recommend you purchase the product through an authorized dealer. If you let me know the area you are located I can recommend a dealer for you.

Thank You,

Alvin Patrick

It sounds like the middleman in Canada is bypassing Vinotemp and buying the units directly from the factory (in China no doubt), sticking a Vinotemp sticker on them and passing them off as real. I could see Vinotemp being pissed at this and not wanting to support this product (since it isn't theirs). Try to get phone support for an illegal version of MS Office to see what I mean. Course, if this is what happened, it would be nice if they would be more clear on what is happening.